ISN ANNOUNCE ATHLETE SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PODIUM PROGRAMME 2017
The purpose of this announcement is to ensure each of the athletes demonstrate high performance behaviours and capabilities, in producing world class performances during Major International Sports Championships, through High Performance approaches and scientifically driven methodologies.
This is also to ensure PODIUM Programme includes athletes who not only have won a medal in the past but are likely to in the future.
- Olympic Games: First Gold medal in Tokyo 2020
- Commonwealth Games: Top 10 in Gold Coast 2018
- Asian Games: Top 10 in Jakarta 2018
- Paralympic Games: More medals in Tokyo 2020 than ever before
- 10 athletes in world Top 6 rankings
Only athletes from sports which are in the Olympic, Paralympic, Commonwealth, or Asian Games will be considered for selection. Ultimately, selection of athletes to the PODIUM Programme will be in line with achieving these performance objectives.
- Ranked top 8 in an event at the most recent Olympic Games
- Ranked top 8 in an event at the most recent Paralympic Games
- Medaled at the most recent Asian Games
- Medaled at the most recent commonwealth Games
- Is ranked in the top 6 in his/her sport at season end
- Clear demonstrable ability to medal at the next Olympic Games
- Clear demonstrable ability to medal at the next Paralympic Games
- Clear demonstrable ability to medal at the next Asian Games
- Clear demonstrable ability to medal at the next Commonwealth Games
The list of athletes selected for the PODIUM Programme 2017 will be shared with the National Sports Associations and formally announced at the Press Conference as soon as final endorsement.